Early in February 1942 as volunteers to the 2nd Marine Raider Battalion Bill Lansford and I first met at Jaque’s farm, where the Battalion was in training and we were converted from Marines to Marine Raiders. We were together in E Company and the Long Patrol and participated in the battle at Asamana.
Bill has had an illustrious career as a writer, director and producer in movies and television, as well as an author of books and articles in national Magazines. The Raider web site is most pleased to include some information relevant to his activities.
Ervin Kaplan MD
Chairman, USMRA Web Site Committee
- The life and Death of John Basilon By William D. Lansford
- William Douglas Lansford’s Credits
- Bill Lansford and Pete Arias-Fighting for Democracy
- Bill Lansford: Tougher jobs
- Bill Lansford and Pete Aries-Latinos in the War
- Bill Lansford and Pete Arias in WWII
- 2nd Raider Battalion on Guadalcanal-The Long Patrol-Leatherneck
The Battle At Asamana “We Caught Them With Their Pants Down”
By William Douglas Lansford